RIDE THE ROCKIES, COLORADO USA
New in 2019 is our Ride the Rockies tour in Colorado, USA.
On this fully supported moving tour with guides and the ability to jump in and out of the vans as you need, you will enjoy the challenge of riding some of the highest mountains on the planet, known locally as the “Fourteeners”
Sitting over 1.000m higher than the famous Stelvio Pass in Italy, the Fourteeners are the 58 mountain peaks in Colorado that exceed the 14,000 ft mark (4,268m) and this tour offers you the opportunity to summit some of them including Mount Evans, the highest paved road in America and Pikes Peak sitting a close second on the height metre scale.
Additional climbs on offer on this tour include Independence and Vail Passes from both sides aa well as Tennessee Pass, and visiting towns you read about in the pages of magazines like Aspen, Boulder, Colorado Springs and Breckenridge.
Featuring quality accommodation in 2 – 4 star hotels with all the facilities a tired cyclist needs after a big day of climbing mountains, this tour will be a holiday on your bike to remember for a lifetime.
13 days/12 nights
24th August - 5th September, 2019
Limited to 10 guests
- Transfers to / from Denver Airport
- Internal transfers
- Accommodation in 2-4 star hotels
- All tips and gratuities
- ALL breakfasts
- ALL 3 course evening meals at top rated restaurants
- Vehicle support on daily rides
- On course nutrition (gels, electrolyte, bananas, coke etc)
- Mechanical support and spares
- Full daily ride brief each night at dinner
- 3 Monthly newsletters that includes a training guide
- Climb guide with profile gradients via online links
- Experienced domestiques
- Post Tour digital image pack on USB
- Velo Tours cycling kit
- Cap, t-shirt or polo top, musette, drink bottle
Airfares and travel insurance are NOT included.
Lunches and alcohol consumed are also NOT included.
* Price is for twin share
* Limited single subsidy available
* Itinerary is subject to change